Welcome to the Lake House - A Summer Retreat!

 by Elmer Prather, guest blogger

This is the 47th Cobble Hill puzzle I have had the pleasure of putting together. It is a 1000 piece puzzle titled “Welcome To The Lake House” by Greg Giordano. This is the seventh puzzle I have put together by this artist. The other six are Summer Truck, Sheep Field, Blue Truck Farm, Deer Field, Summer Truck on the Farm and Spring Bird House.


Before I spend the time putting a puzzle together, I have to have a connection with it. In other words, I enjoy putting together puzzles that mean something to me, something that I can relate to. The cabin depicted in the puzzle reminded me of the cabin on the lake that one of my friends rented for our hunting and fishing club to use. Over the years I spent a lot of time there sitting on the porch overlooking the lake. Those quiet times were special to me.

Welcome to the Lake House Assembled by Elmer Prather

This puzzle reflects a welcoming scene of a modern cabin that sits on a lake highlighting the good life at the lake. The two dogs, a black Labrador and a yellow Labrador, seem to be waiting in eager anticipation for their master to come and play with them. The late afternoon sun is reflecting its rays across the lake presenting a beautiful sunset.


The owners have made the cabin a relaxing place to read, watch the wildlife and enjoy the lake. The floral arrangements add vibrant colors to the cabin porch. The accessories like snow shoes hanging on the cabin wall and an old kerosene lantern with two black-capped chickadees sitting on either side hanging from one of the support beams blend well with the other interesting objects depicted in the puzzle. The wooden Adirondack chairs on the dock invite you to sit and enjoy all of the beauty surrounding the cabin and the lake. I really enjoyed seeing the puzzle come to life as I was putting it together. Once you start looking at the finished puzzle you will find it difficult to take your eyes off of it. 

Welcome to the Lake House 1000 pc by Greg Giordano 

Thanks to Mr. Prather for another great write up! If you'd like to enjoy Welcome to the Lake House yourself, please visit the link on our website to support a local retailer or online store.

No comments:
Post a Comment